Selection Simulation

 


    When the allele that we are focused on increases its relative fitness then we can expect to see an increase in the allelic frequency. If this allele decreases its relative fitness we expect to see a decrease in the allelic frequency seen in the population. 
    The relative fitness of the other alleles in the population can influence how quickly the allelic frequencies change

    Genetic drift acts on a population randomly. There is a possibility that drift can completely take the allele that we are focused on out of the population. This was shown using a smaller population size during the simulation. Genetic drift has a much larger effect on a smaller population compared to a larger population. 

Comments

  1. Hi Aubree,
    Your graphic is great I really like it. I am able to read it easily and understand it. Your definitions and explanation is great as well. I like how you use bold letters. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubree,
    This selection simulation blog post was done very well and made it very easy to read and understand. The relationship you made between fitness and frequency makes it easy to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubree, I enjoyed returning and reading this. This is something that has been made more clear as we continue to talk about selection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment